How to seal paint on phone case? By painting your smartphone case, you can customize it quickly and without the hassle at a fraction of the cost. While there are other paints available to customize your suitcase, acrylic paints are often the most convenient and cheapest option. But the problem is how to seal paint on phone case?
You can use acrylic paint on your phone case, but you must seal it with a water-resistant solution to avoid smearing. Unless your phone case is made of wood, prime it before painting. Sealant and preparation can help prevent fading and extend the life of your acrylic artwork.
If you’re looking for a different and exciting method to personalize your phone case, you’ve come to the right place. Color is a very versatile paint, meaning you can use it on almost anything.
Tips For How To Seal Paint On Phone Case
- Do not draw on a silicone smartphone case, as the paint does not adhere well to the silicone. Use plastic phone cases instead.
- If you can’t find a plastic smartphone and you have a silicone case on it, scrape it off before drawing on it.
- Eliminating air bubbles in a liquid phone case can be very helpful.
- Sanding a silicone phone case improves paint adhesion.
- Let the paint dry completely overnight before applying the clear topcoat. This will extend the life of your color and prevent it from peeling.
- Use paint primer to increase color vitality and longevity.
- If you don’t have a paint primer, use a clear plastic box to store your design.
- Personalize and paint your smartphone to reflect your style.
- Thpaint about your style, interests, and way of life.
Acrylic Paint On A Phone Case – How To Seal Paint On Phone Case?
If you love to paint and are looking for a unique and fun phone case, this is your chance to express yourself. While a store-bought cover may be faster, customizing it allows you to create anything you want!
With that in mind, how feasible is it to paint a phone case with acrylic paint? Here are some ideas and methods to help you get the most transparent, glossy finish from your phone case.
- Arteza acrylic paint as a starting point. They are vibrant, long-lasting, and available in a variety of metallic finishes. You will also simply need masking tape, a brush, and a heat gun to speed up the drying process.
- You only need a case for your mobile phone and any kind of acrylic paint. However, there are some methods to take your DIY work to the next level. Here are some pointers:
- Before you start painting, clean the phone case with isopropyl alcohol. As a result, the paint adheres better and more evenly.
- A helpful suggestion is that if you get a clear, transparent case, it’s better to paint the inside than the outside. This protects the paint from the environment and prevents it from peeling or scratching.
- If you want your colors to stand out, use a primer like this in the case before painting. It creates a smooth, flat surface to work on.
- You are not limited to just painting – you can use cutouts or stickers in addition to acrylic. Many people still use glitter to add that extra sparkle.
Painting A Trendy Phone Case – How To Seal Paint On Phone Case?
- First, clean the phone case with alcohol and a tissue.
- Apply the foundation colors (gray and brown) in broad strokes with a thin brush and place them just below the center of the case.
- Draw the olive branch in the top right corner with turquoise paint using an oval brush.
- Add a brown bunch of rowan berries in the bottom left corner.
- Use a black marker to outline the silhouette of a lady in the center.
- The phone case is ready to use when the paint has dried.
A Phone Case Painted With Watercolor Paper
- This watercolor approach is ideal for those who are afraid to paint directly on their phone case.
- Use white paper and a wet brush.
- Make a puddle of water drops on your paper.
- Take a small amount of your food coloring and work it into your drops on the paper.
- Iron and brush until you are satisfied.
- Use a variety of colors and the same approach.
- Remove the watercolor paper from the sheet and stick it to the back of the phone case.
- If desired, cut the paper into designs or flowers.
- Let it dry before sealing with clear nail polish.
Phone Case With Enamel Mosaic Or Tie-Dye Effect – How To Seal Paint On Phone Case?
How to seal paint on phone case using Enamel Mosaic or tie-dye? It is the most economical and efficient technique to paint a phone case. Enamel is available everywhere.
- Select two or three complementary nail polish colors.
- Purple, violet, and white together make a beautiful phone case.
- In a bowl, add a few drops of warm water.
- Add a few drops of your glamorous nail polish color.
- Rotate the bowl to create the illusion of marble.
- Choose the color of your phone case. The phone case would reflect one of the shades of nail polish you would use in an ideal world.
- Carefully place your smartphone in the spaint. Drip until it is the color of marble.
- Remove the phone case and let the remaining water drain.
- Let it dry for at least half an hour.
- Add a second coat of glossy nail polish if you want a glossy look. Leave as-is for a matte finish.
How To Seal Paint On Phone Case With In Lace Phone Case, Spray Paint?
This results in a stylish and expensive phone case.
- Clean the inside of the phone case with isopropyl alcohol.
- Spray the box in a dark color, such as ebony, black, or navy blue.
- Cut a piece of your favorite lace to wrap the phone case. Make sure the shoelace overlaps the phone case.
- Choose a translucent, metallic spray paint. Spray liberally on the lace-up phone case.
- Raise the lace to show off a beautiful lace pattern design. The lace serves as a beautiful template with a seamless pattern.
- Wait several hours for it to dry before dealing with such a clear nail polish.
- The finish acts as a sealant, extending the life of the spray paint.
Sealing Coating For Phone Case – How To Seal Paint On Phone Case?
How to seal paint on phone case? is the main problem. Sealing your cartridges results in a durable design that resists peeling, dust and fading.
If you’re happy with the product, I recommend sealing it with a durable sealer to ensure it lasts.
You can use the following process in conjunction with a sealant appropriate for the fabric you are dealing with:
- Make sure your acrylic paint is dry before applying glue.
- Start by applying the first coat. Make sure this layer only paints in one direction.
- Let the first coat dry completely before moving on to the second.
- You need to apply a second coat in the reverse direction of the first.
- Give the second coat enough time to dry.
How Do You Remove The Paint If You’re Not Happy With The Result?
There are several commercial paint removers available on Amazon and eBay if you want to remove the paint. However, if you have oil, hairspray, or acetone on hand, you can remove the cartridge at home.
Remove it with hairspray
- All you have to do is spray it on your phone case until it is completely saturated.
- The paint should soften and you can wipe and clean it. Then you can rinse with water to remove any remaining color.
- Some DIYers choose to scrape the paint off with a utility knife. If you choose this method, remember not to use a knife to scrape wood or plastic as this will permanently damage these surfaces. Instead, a plastic scraper is best.
Try nail polish remover
- Acetone, which works the same way as hairspray, is another method of removing paint. Dab the phone case with a cotton ball or the end of a damp cloth with acetone.
- It is best to let it sit for a few minutes to allow the acetone to dissolve the color.
- After a few minutes, aggressively clean the phone case to remove the paint.
Apply olive oil to the phone case
Vegetable oil or olive oil is another acrylic paint remover that you can find at home.
- You should wipe the surface of the phone cover with a dry paper towel before coating it with oil. Then take another clean paper towel and grease it with oil.
- It’s best to hold the paper towel against the dry paint for at least a minute to begin loosening.
- Then wipe the phone case with the oiled cloth until all the paint is removed.
Use denatured alcohol
- Denatured alcohol works best on the heaviest dry acrylic paints.
- All you have to do is pour some on a cloth and press it against the stain for a minute. Then, using small circular motions, wipe off the paint until it comes off.
- After that, use a wet, soapy towel to wipe off the alcohol, which will continue to break down the phone case until it dries.
FAQ – How To Seal Paint On Phone Case?
How can we prevent paint peeling?
Since the color is a water-based medium, it is prone to flaking. Fortunately, we can protect everything we paint with a sealant. Krylon makes excellent sprayable acrylic sealants. Prevents peeling and even discoloration caused by UV light. Another way to prevent flaking is to paint the inside of a clear phone case to preserve the paint. Also, the outside of the transparent phone case will give the impression of a transparent and glossy finish in its color.
How should acrylic paint be sealed on rubber?
You can also combine acrylic paint with gorilla glue or latex to soften it and bond it chemically to the latex (but this will only work if it’s rubber). Use a product called mogpog as an adhesive/sealer. It is available at craft stores.
Is it possible to paint acrylic on a silicone phone case?
If the phone is transparent, you can transfer the design with parchment paper or door paper and then paint it. Another design transfer method is to print on plain paper and paste it with mod podge. A small tip: if acrylic is not fully lacquered, it will come off quickly. So make sure you apply high-quality paint. I hope this works.
Conclusion – How To Seal Paint On Phone Case?
You can use acrylic paint to paint your phone case. The solution to how to seal paint on phone case? It is to use one of the above procedures to avoid chipping or ruining your beautiful piece of art. Otherwise, the only limit of your new acrylic decorated phone case is your creativity!
This post contains affiliate links. We may earn a commission if you buy through the links.