After discussing how to clean leather phone cases, we think it’s best to show you how to clean rubber phone case for those that are using silicone rubber phone cases.
Phone cases not only help protect the phone from damage but also take the weight of dirt and oil deposits off your hands. Regular cleaning of a phone case can help keep buildup to a minimum.
Cleaning silicone rubber is easy and only takes a few minutes of your day. If you are looking for the best way to clean rubber phone cases, this article will give you how to clean rubber phone case.
How To Clean Rubber Phone Case?
Follow the steps below to remove dirt and grime.
To start today’s guidelines on how to clean rubber phone case, let’s first tell you what you need to clean rubber phone cases.
You need it:
- Dishwashing liquid
- A cloth
- Isopropyl alcohol
- A soft brush
- Sodium bicarbonate
How To Clean Rubber Phone Case – Steps To Clean The Case:
- Remove the phone case.
- Wash the housing with a grease-free detergent and a cloth.
- If the area is still dirty, dampen a cloth with isopropyl alcohol and clean the dirty area of the cabinet.
- If the stains persist, mix some dish soap and water in a covered bowl or sink. Add some borax to the mixture and soak the phone case in the mixture for about an hour. Gently scrub dirty areas with a soft bristle brush, such as an old nail brush or toothbrush, then rinse the case thoroughly.
- If the dirt is still not removed, mix some baking soda with water to make a paste. Spread the paste over the soiled area. Let the baking soda paste dry in the case for several hours or overnight, then brush the paste dry and rinse the case.
Additional Tips And Advice On How To Clean Rubber Phone Case
- Some dirt and grime can be removed with an eraser. Just rub the eraser over the area.
- A brush can help remove dirt, but it can also damage the rubber if used too abrasively.
How To Clean Rubber Phone Case Using A Magic Eraser To Clean The Silicone Rubber
Is it too much to say that Mr. Are Clean Magic Erasers Magical? These little pads are great for cleaning phone cases and giving them extra shine.
Soak the Magic Eraser in warm water and rub both sides of the phone case until all visible dirt is gone. Let the case air dry and place it on the phone.
This solution also works great after washing the silicone cupcake liners and some grease stains remain. The rubber makes them easy to clean.
You can get Mr Magic on Amazon
Avoid using harsh chemicals
While silicone is durable, it’s best to avoid harsh cleaning products whenever possible. Skipping these products will extend the life of the silicone rubber and prevent chemicals from peeling off or damaging the case.
Avoid using harsh chemicals containing ammonia, hydrogen peroxide, aerosols, and window cleanser when trying out this how to clean rubber phone case.
Conclusion – If all else fails, buy a new case
Regular cleaning of silicone rubber is the smartest way to extend the life of your phone case. Yours could have taken years. Unfortunately, as the saying goes, good things end.
If your case doesn’t look pretty no matter how often you clean it, it’s probably time to invest in a new one.
This post contains affiliate links. We may earn a commission if you buy through the links.